This year our Carols by Candelight service at St. Pancras is looking at the theme ‘Come and Worship the King’. The Bible readings all pick up this theme and are as follows:
- Isaiah’s prediction of a ‘wonderful counsellor’ etc.
- Mary’s song
- The angels and the shepherds
- The Wise Men and Herod
- Thomas’ confession ‘My Lord and my God’
- John’s vision of Jesus as he is now in Revelation 1
Usually at this sort of event I pick one of the passages and preach from it, but this year I’m thinking of using the following outline and picking up themes for different passages.
Jesus is worthy of our worship because:
- His birth split time in two
- His death changed the course of history
- His future holds all our futures
Any comments – or should I just go back to explaining one of the passages?